We’re very excited to announce that Malindi Elmore (pictured above representing Canada at the 2004 Olympic Games) is our newest private coach and second Olympian to join the Run SMART staff!
Most Notable Athletic Achievements:
- 11-time Canadian National team member – World Cross Country Championships, World Athletics Championships, Continental Cup, Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games & Olympic Games
- Bronze Medalist at World University Games, Pan American Games, World Cross Country team
- Canadian Championship Record Holder in 1500m
- Stanford University Record Holder in 800/1500m
- 15-time Canadian National medalist in 800, 1500, cross country & 10km road race
- 2:02 (800m), 4:02 (1500m), 15:12 (5000m), 33:00 (road 10 km)
Malindi brings a broad range of experience to our staff. She is currently enrolled in the Canadian National Coach’s Certification Program (NCCP) at the Competition level (level 3) after having completed the Sport & Club Coach (levels 1 & 2) in 2011. She was an assistant coach at the University of Calgary from 2005-2009 and a coach at Stanford University’s Track & Field and Cross Country Camps from 1998-2003.
Read more about her bio and passion for running on our coaches page. Follow Malindi on her blog at Canadian Runner and Twitter @MalindiElmore as she trains towards the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
Malindi is now accepting clients (both U.S. and Canada). To begin working with her, go to our private coaching page and sign up!
Get inspired! Watch Malindi win last year’s Harry Jerome International Track Classic in an epic finish!
Watch more video of Harry Jerome International Track Classic 2011 on flotrack.org