We’re back in Steamboat Springs, CO this summer (July 27th – August 2nd) for the 2nd Annual Run SMART Camp! This year we’ve moved the dates back a week to make it more convenient for coaches and teams to attend. Oh, and we added maybe the greatest running coach of all time to the itinerary. Dr. Jack Daniels is coming!
Welcoming Athletes And Coaches
High school coaches who bring at least five athletes attend the camp for FREE. Wham! We’re encouraging coaches to join us this year because of the great consulting opportunities we have with Dr. Jack Daniels, head coach at Georgetown University Mike Smith and other Run SMART coaches. Not only is this a great training/learning experience for athletes at altitude we are planning workshops for coaches to help plan their season training.
- Campers start the week right with a whole bunch of swag from our sponsor Saucony. Each athlete/coach receives shoes, shirt, shorts, socks.
- Campers run at altitude on some of the most beautiful trails in the country with Run SMART coaches as their guides.
- Campers hang with our world-class speakers, like Dr. Jack Daniels, named “World’s Best Running Coach” by Runner’s World, head women’s cross country coach at top ranked Georgetown University Mike Smith, and former NCAA record-holder Alicia Shay. They also attend workshops on nutrition, pool-running, warm-up drills, strength, stretching and more.
- Campers get to hang out in town, enjoy the hot springs and play volleyball.
- Campers face-off in a mile relay race finishing in the local rodeo stadium.
Why Steamboat Springs, CO?
We chose Steamboat because of the challenging and inspiring mountain trails, perfect summer weather for training and also the hot springs and tubing on the Yampa River! We’re talking morning temps in the high 50′s/low 60’s, and perfect afternoon highs in the high 70′s and low 80s. Also, the brand new state of the art Colorado Mountain College facilities are first class.
To learn more about our high school camp visit: http://runsmartproject.com/retreat/high-school/