We’re extremely excited to announce that world-class Nike athlete, Alvina Begay, is our latest addition to the Run SMART staff. She is now accepting private clients.
“I am very excited to work with The Run SMART Project. I have become friends with Dr. Jack Daniels and most of the Run SMART coaches. I have seen them exude their passion for running by helping other runners succeed and reach their goals. Being a Run SMART coach will give me the opportunity to do the same and share my knowledge of running and nutrition with runners who are motivated to reach their potential.”
Most Notable Athletic Achievements:
- Member of Division II NCAA Cross-Country Championship Team (Adams State College)
- Two-time Olympic Trials Qualifier in the Women’s Marathon (2008, 2012)
- Olympic Trials A-Standard Qualifier in the Women’s 10K (2012)
- Member of Team USA in the 2012 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships
- Member of Team USA in the 2008 Yokohama Ekiden
- 2007 ING New York City Marathon, 10th Place
- 10K – 32:34
- 25K – 1:27.07
- Half Marathon – 1.12.25
- Marathon – 2:37.14
- 7-time Top 10 Finisher In US Championships
Raised on the Navajo Reservation in Ganado, Arizona, long distance running is in her blood. At an elevation of 6,000+ feet, Alvina grew up running on the almost endless, dusty dirt roads and trails of her hometown. Inspired by her father, also a long distance runner, her mother and the wide-open Northeastern Arizona sky, Alvina achieved the honor of being an Academic as well as Athletic All-American.
- Clinical Dietician, Flagstaff Medical Center
- Cross Country and Track Coach, Ganado High School
- BS Nutrition, Arizona State University
You can follow her on Twitter @AYBegay.